Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Things I learned from being a kid



1. Never trust strangers;
Yeah, apparently your parents got this one right. We all were warned as kids not to talk to strangers or interact with anyone we don't know, and after some bitter experiences I can confirm that this myth is true.

2. Love your parents;
Really, you'll never ever have anyone who would love you and support you as much as your parents will; Take a flashback in your mind to your first day in school, first time you cried, first time you had a fight with someone, the first time you learned how to tie your shoes, What's in common in all these examples? Correct, your parents were there, they taught you everything you need to grow in this life and live your life the way you wanted, your parents are a blessing from God.

3. How to depend on myself;
Because sometimes your parents weren't there at the exact moment when you were trouble and you had to stand up for yourself and deal with it seriously like an adult. Whether it was a bully in the class or a project that you had to do, at that point you were obliged to depend on yourself because of the fear of the circumstances.

4. Never lie; 
We all have been through situations where we lied thinking that will help us to get away with whatever we did but a lot of times your crime wasn't perfect and you got caught and probably punished. In the end, I'd rather say 'I don't know' than making up something that doesn't exist.

5. Love yourself;
You are the beautiful creation of God; You are perfect in every single way, you may hate your scars but those scars made you stronger and you deserve credit on that!, Everything you are today is the result of your hard work and previous failures, always admire who you are and how much trouble you've been through to be the person you are today.

6. Adults are big kids;
Sometimes as a kid we were taught to look up to adults as role models; Perfect people with no mistakes. But I bet every kid knows that adults make mistakes as well but the spotlight was focused on kids. No one is perfect and adults are included.

7. You're not wrong because you're different;
Just because you didn't have the latest pair of shoes or you didn't follow a certain trend does not mean that you do not belong; I remember I used to be criticized by some for not being into the latest trends or not liking a certain artist, where as other people used to appreciate that I stood out from the other kids. In other words, it's not about being 'cool', your differences are what makes you beautiful.

8. Discipline first;
Your manners and ethics are what really matters after-all; Discipline is the first thing that I am going to teach my future children. Always be disciplined, no matter the situation.

9. Childhood is amazing;
Me as everyone else loved being a kid, I wanted to grow up quickly as well but now I wish those days come back again. Childhood was like a fairy tale that I will always want to live again. As they say, growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional; You can still keep your childishness while behaving like an adult.

3 comments:

  1. Wise, solid and valuable pieces of advice that's worth to following .👍👍👏👏

    "You can still keep your childishness while behaving like an adult."👍👍


    I know that you don't have time but I am Still waiting for your new story.. 🤗😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback!
      Yes, unfortunately I couldn't find time recently, soon hopefully :))

      Delete
    2. I also hope so ,take your time.🤗😄🍀🍀

      Delete

Dreamscape: A Journey Through the Subconscious

Dreamscape: A Journey Through the Subconscious Chapter I: The Dreamscape Together, we constructed a world made only for us. I rememb...