Friday, June 19, 2015

Seasons



I wrote about you to immortalize everything I love.
Instead, I made myself believe that you were made of stars and mountains and wonder, only to be disappointed later.
Sometimes i think you’re a storm.
The kind that shows up without warning and
devastates everything in its wake.
It carries your name and your heart
and destroys me without ever looking back
But then i get to thinking:
You’re more like the calm before it.
Cleaning up a mess that has yet to be made,
But it’s obvious to me now.
You’re both.
The calm, the storm
Two sides of the same coin.
This walking contradiction with the eyes of a savior
and a screaming, aching, destructive heart.
Your eyes are the color of angry waters,
but you are the calm after the storm.
You’re messy in all the right ways
magnetic,
A deep sea of emotions and beauty glued by the purity of your heart,
It comes in waves,
I close my eyes,

Hold my breath,
And let it bury me,
And after all this time I think I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dreamscape: A Journey Through the Subconscious

Dreamscape: A Journey Through the Subconscious Chapter I: The Dreamscape Together, we constructed a world made only for us. I rememb...