Saturday, February 25, 2017

Emerald



First page,
With a black pen in my hand,
I write some words down clumsily,
The words were soft and mellow,
And then turned into anger.
I couldn't stop,
Thought after thought,
I constantly felt that I am missing something,
But I never knew exactly out what it is.
A set of paints,
A certain pallette of colors,
All too poor,
To create the perfect picture of what was in my mind.
My body is a garden,
From bone and up,
Full of beauty and grace,
Yet so plain,
Compared to the memories,
I have sworn to never speak of again.
I am aware that,
I am less than what people prefer me to be,
But most people are unaware that,
I am so much more than what they see.
I have learned more about myself in solitude,
I have both driven myself crazy and found peace,
I love who I have been,
But I really love who I am becoming.
I no longer search,
The things that are meant for me will always flow to me,
"You attract what you are ready for",
I will just let things play out,
What's supposed to happen eventually will.
I am human,
I make mistakes,
I have weaknesses,
Study me as much as you like,
You will never understand me completely,
I differ in a hundred ways from what you see me to be,
I have chosen to be in a place where you can't see me.
I am not used to be loved,
I do not know what to do,
I feel a lot,
Like I ought to be feeling something I shouldn't,
I have always loved too much,
or not enough,
To love me is to love a haunted house.
It seemed that you knew me,
Like you understood anything that I have told you,
But the more we spoke,
The more I realized,
How different we were,
Or maybe I just thought you were different,
Silly me.
I have spent my life learning to feel less,
Learning not to hold onto something,
That I would expect nothing at all.
I regret that it takes a life to understand love,
I want to be loved and left alone.
I don't think that people understand the fact that life doesn't make sense,
I think it haunts people,
The fact that they can never figure things out.
An aeviternal situation,
A dilemma,
A puzzle missing out vital pieces,
A mesmerizing fuliginous painting,
A delusion,
Packed thoughts one over another,
Yet,
It could never sharpen the image I had in my mind.
A thought of idle desire,
A reverie,
I cannot know who I am,
Because I do not know which part of me is not me.
My mind is occupied by tenuous spiral stairs,
They lead to indistinct areas of my dispersed character,
It is where I have hidden all my secrets,
It is where I belong.
It has always been this way,
After I opened myself to someone,
I needed some time,
to restore my sense of privacy,
I have found it necessary to remain silent,
To not let anyone in.
I have found peace in writing some of what is going inside of me,
I have locked myself in an oblivion,
Going through the same emotions,
Going through us.
I take another sip of my coffee which turned cold,
And I sigh,
As I write the last page,
Last page,
I feel like I am missing something,
But I never know exactly out what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dreamscape: A Journey Through the Subconscious

Dreamscape: A Journey Through the Subconscious Chapter I: The Dreamscape Together, we constructed a world made only for us. I rememb...