Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Ashes of Us



I want to see your heart,
All of it,
Not just the angelic side,
But the entire complexity,
I want you to tell me all the terrible things you have done,
And let me love you anyway,
I can't wait to sit in the same spot for hours while you take a nap on my lap even though I am equally tired,
I can't wait to have arguments with you and let you win because you mean to me more than my pride,
I can't wait to hear you babbling for hours because your mind is my favourite aspect about you.
I am just trying to find my place within the pages of your diary,
It's almost full and I don't think I will fit in,
You remember too much,
And I cannot understand why you hold onto all of that,
I asked you numerous times to let some of these memories go,
You said you just can't let those words away,
And I am wondering if I am worthy enough to have a spot -Or ever will be.
And some nights,
I lie in my bed for hours,
Staring blankly at the same four walls for more than 20 years,
Thinking about our last conversation,
And my imagination drifts,
I start re-creating unrealistic scenarios in my head,
About you and me,
About us.
But I am quickly stunned by the heat of the sun as it slips through a small space, I accidentally left open,
And the birds by my window are chirping loudly,
I take another sleeping pill as I desperately try to derail my train of thoughts and get some sleep,
I haven't slept properly in a while,
I don't know if you are driving me crazy or I am the one to blame.
They say nobody can explain love,
But could you comprehend how it feels?
Maybe you and I will never ever reach there,
And we will always be an incomplete sentence,
A book with no sequel,
A movie without an ending,
A page of your diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dreamscape: A Journey Through the Subconscious

Dreamscape: A Journey Through the Subconscious Chapter I: The Dreamscape Together, we constructed a world made only for us. I rememb...