Saturday, December 12, 2015

Heroin



In a room full of art, I only looked at you because you were the whole gallery,
Why can't we go back and experience our best memories again?
You know it is love from all the pain,
I cannot hold on to love,
I am not gentle enough,
I always end up crushing it between my fingertips.
You say that I am hard to read,
but the truth is you are illiterate.
It has been a year,
and you still sound so sweet.
But I am your shadow at best,
I am the one person you still regret.
But love hasn't stayed around a lot,
let's see if loneliness does.
If I could get the voices to stop crinkling in my head,
maybe I could set you free.
But your mind caged you,
And no matter how hard I try,
you will never open the door.
We are the kind of poems that are not written by poets,
We will never rhyme.
I stare at the dull faded wall consumed by the illusion of being with you,
And pray to survive this night.
The night tucks me under a blanket of stars,
You are made of embers,
so shatter castles with your spark.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dreamscape: A Journey Through the Subconscious

Dreamscape: A Journey Through the Subconscious Chapter I: The Dreamscape Together, we constructed a world made only for us. I rememb...